Saturday, July 10, 2010

Review: Revlon Photoready Make-up + Colorburst Lipstick


Hello everyone! How was your day? As for me, it was a very memorable day for we celebrated my mom's birthday today. We surprised her by giving her a bouquet of white and pink roses. So sweet! She loves flowers so much that I knew she would really appreciate our little something for her. We also cooked great foods and invited close relatives. It was a fun day for all of us.

Anyway, this entry is purposely one for my review on Revlon's products. I know it took me quite a long time to do this. So sorry for that ;)

REVLON PHOTOREADY MAKE-UP

According to their site:

Revlon PhotoReady™ Makeup - for poreless, airbrushed skin in any light. Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to erase every flaw. Complete, yet undetectable coverage. Soft, luminous finish.

- Oil free
- Fragrance free
- SPF 20

I got the 006 medium beige
Retails for 995php
         when blended onto skin, shimmer quite visible

My say:

  • Provides a good coverage, coverage is buildable
  • It covers my imperfections
  • Comes with a hygienic pump bottle
  • Looks flawless and smooth
  • With a variety of shades to choose from
The downside:
  •  I have to admit that my face gets oily after several hours, but I really have an oily skin so I think that's just normal :D
  • I heard it has shimmery effect, I noticed that too when I swatched it at the back of my hand, but once you apply it n your face, it's barely noticeable

COLORBURST LIPSTICK

According to their site:

-Instant burst of rich, true color with a featherlight feel
-Elasticolor™ technology provides immediate color release and hugs lips with a burst of weightless color that  feels like a second skin 

-Available in range of 20 gorgeous shades



I got the Mauve and Soft Nude Lippies
Retails for 575php

                                                                  lipstick swatches

My say:
  • I am inlove with these lipsticks!
  • The packaging looks sleek and sophisticated; it has quilted finish on 2 sides of the lipstick
  • The top part of the packaging also tells you a lot of the color of whats inside
  • Revlon logo carved on the lipstick
  • Very moisturizing, it doesn't dry out my lips that much
  • You may skip applying lipgloss because the lipstick itself has a glossy finish
The downside:
  • May melt when kept inside your bag for a long time, as what my Mom experienced with her lipstick.

                                                    Please excuse my ugly looking lips=)

#70Soft Nude is my fave so far. Its a very pale nude. It gives me a very fresh and sweet look. I like it that it compliments my skin tone very much. Definitely a must try for girls who are looking for the best nude lipstick.


#Mauve is a pretty pinkish lilac shade. I don't know how to describe it well. The color is buildable, in my picture I applied 2 layers.  I also love this shade since it looks so natural on me.


Overall I would rate Revlon Photoready Foundation and Colorburst lipsticks 4.5/5


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment